Training Room and Resources Hire
Disability Equality has a large training room at 103-104 Church Street, Preston. This is made available to community groups and the statutory sector.
To book this facility please telephone 01772 558863 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be sent this policy with a booking form. If you do not fill out a booking form we cannot guarantee that your requests will be granted or that the room will be available.
Terms and conditions
In order to book this room you must agree to the conditions of the following policy.
Disability Equality is a disabled people's organisation and a charity; therefore many of the staff and volunteers are disabled people who cannot always be expected to clean up after the event.
The building is also shared by Lancashire Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual Group.
Disability Equality accepts no liability for loss or damage to personal belonging or for any accident or injury whilst using our facilities.
We do not accept language or behaviour that is racist, disablist, homophobic or ageist.
You must respect....
- We expect that those groups that hire the training room ensure that they tidy it up when they have finished. Please stack chairs and tidy away.
- Dirty crockery/cutlery should be collected and left by the sink in the training room.
- Ensure that all windows are closed and secured and the blinds shut.
- If you are booking the training room for the evening please ensure that you pick up the keys before 3.30pm.
- In the evening you must ensure that you wind down the shutter (key provided) and post the key through the opening in the shutter.
A check list is provided with the booking form - via link at bottom of this page
The facilities and costs
The training room is fully accessible. There is ground level entrance through a separate door with accessible toilet facilities.
There is car parking outside for disabled drivers with a blue badge otherwise it is restricted to 90 minutes unless in the evening. The nearest car park is in town or at the bus station which is a 5 minute walk away.
Times for use are between 9.30 and 4.30 or by prior arrangement for other times, evenings or weekends.
Half day rate (9am until 12.30 pm or 1pm until 4pm, )
Voluntary organisations £35 from 1 April 2011
Statutory organisations £55 from 1 April 2011
Full day rate (from 9am until 4pm *)
Voluntary organisations £70 from 1 April 2011
Statutory organisations £110 from 1 April 2011
Evening rate (from 5pm*)
Voluntary organisations £40 from 1 April 2011
Statutory organisations £60 from 1 April 2011
* These times are flexible depending on the demand for use of the room
TV/DVD player hire £10.00
Lap top / digital projection hire £10.00
Flip chart £5.00
Photocopying 10p per sheet
Coffee/tea 70p per head (unlimited). We supply tea, coffee, sugar, milk. Hot water is available via a constant boiler.
Room Booking Enquiry Form
Page Created: Wed 16/02/11 by Mark Buckley, Last Updated: Fri 29/01/16